Enamel on Steel Use and Care
IMPORTANT SAFETY, USE AND CARE INFORMATION
Thank you for choosing our porcelain enamel cookware. To assure a long and pleasant experience, please read this information before you use your cookware. These instructions are for your general safety, use and care to avoid personal injury and damage to your cookware.
COOKING AND STORING
- Safety: Keep small children away from the stove while you are cooking. Never allow a child to sit near or under the stove while cooking. Be careful around the stove as heat, steam and splatter can cause burns.
- Pet Warning: Fumes from everyday cooking can be harmful to your bird and other small pets, particularly smoke from burning foods. Overheating cooking sprays, oils, fats, margarine and butter will create dangerous fumes which a bird’s respiratory system cannot handle.
- This roaster is not intended for stovetop use. It is designed for oven use only.
- Sliding Cookware: Avoid sliding or dragging your cookware over the surface of your stovetop, especially glass top ranges, as scratches may result. We are not responsible for scratched stovetops.
- Microwaves: Never use your cookware in the microwave.
- Oven Use: Caution: Always use potholders when removing cookware from the oven. This cookware is broiler safe. Please note
that glass lids are not broiler safe.
- Utensils: Metal or sharp-edged utensils can be used in this cookware. However, cutting with sharp knives may leave slight scratches in the interior surface.
- This cookware is not intended for commercial use or restaurant use.
- Do not make a double boiler out of pots that are not designed for that purpose.
- Storage: To avoid scratches or chips on the exterior, place paper towels between each piece when storing. This producfs finish is made
from porcelain enamel on steel and while durable, it can chip of dropped or struck.
- Standard Cars: All cookware: Before first use and after each use, wash thoroughly in hot soapy water and dry completely.
- Spots and Stains:
- Never U88 oven cleaners to clean cookware. It will ruin the cookware.
- Do not use steel wool scouring pads or strong abrasive cleaners on your porcelain enamel cookware.
- To remove gray scuff marks on the interior surface, use a soft sponge and a nonabrasive cleanser.
- Dishwasher: This cookware is not dishwasher safe. Hand wash only.
- To remove stubborn baked on foods, fill with warm soapy water and let stand. To clean, use a soft sponge, or plastic or nylon cleaning pad.
HANDLES AND KNOBS
- Hot handles and knobs: Handles and knobs can get very hot under some conditions. Use caution when touching them and always have potholders available for use.
- Handle position when cooking: Position cookware so that handles are not over other hot burners. Do not allow handles to extend beyond the edge of the stove where pans can be knocked off the cooktop.
- Steam: When removing lids or cooking with lids on always position the lid so that the steam is directed away from you. Always use a potholder when adjusting lids. Rising steam can cause burns.
Thank you for purchasing our porcelain enamel cookware. We wish you years of cooking enjoyment. We are dedicated to producing great quality cookware. This cookware is manufactured and inspected to ensure the highest quality.
Please let us know immediately if you find any defects when you open your new cookware. All cookware found defective upon receipt will be replaced.
Should you have a problem with your cookware, please contact our Consumer Relations Department at 1-800-661-6721.