Egg Poacher Use and Care
USING YOUR EGG POACHER
- Fill the pan with water just below the bottom of the rivets inside the pan.
- Bring water to rolling boil on medium high heat. NEVER LET THE PAN BOIL DRY!
- Place poaching cups inside metal tray with handles facing out.
- For easy egg release, lightly wipe poaching cups with butter.
- Place metal tray and poacher cups inside the skillet.
- Crack eggs and gently place into poacher cups and cover.
- Reduce heat to simmering.
- For soft poached eggs, cook approximately 4 minutes or until whites are set but yolks are runny.
- For regular poached eggs cook approximately 6 minutes or until whites completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.
- To remove eggs from poacher cups, run a nylon or silicone spatula around edges to loosen eggs. Do not use metal or sharp-edged utensils which will scratch the poacher cup surface. Invert poacher cups over plate to remove eggs.
- We recommend using a small pot holder or dish doth to remove poaching cups from poacher.
TO DOWNLOAD THIS PAGE
AS A PDF, CLICK HERE